Saturday, May 10, 2014

Catching Up

Alo peoplez!!  :)

I feel like I've neglected my poor blog a bit, but it can't be helped -- I've really been double-timing on Spawnington.  I'll post some pictures on the progress made thus far in terms of adding buildings, roads, bridges, suburbs, and the subway, but for now I still have a lot of catching up to do.

First off, a quick update that I should have done a few weeks ago.  In case no one has noticed (and shame on you for not checking out our Dynmap), we have added a Canyon biome to the server from Biomes O' Plenty, albeit with some ho-humm block replacement...



This was our last imported biome for a while... after that, since we enabled WorldControl on our server, I've spent the last few weeks building out Spawnington, hence why it's so radically different than what it used to be.  At least now it's looking like a proper city.  :)


I will, however, get a chance to do some importing for a change.  Flammole, owner and maintainer of the now defunct Skyscraper server, has forwarded me the map files containing the builds of his server.  These I will incorporate into our server, probably in the northwest quadrant, so those of you who made builds on that server can now see that your hard work has not gone in vain.  We are here to support creativity, and while that server was not founded on the best of intentions, we still appreciate the manifestation of effort all the same and we're privileged to serve as the gatekeepers of creative content.  ^^

And lastly, just a reminder that May 17th is CAY DAY, our first official server holiday celebrating the birthday of our dearest leader, Cayfie!  Be prepared for celebration, parties, fun, food, fireworks, and possibly even some giveaways!  :D







No comments:

Post a Comment