Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Present Time!!

Alo people,

I'm not one to talk a lot about my personal life online, but from time to time I'll indulge in a little digital extroversion.  ^^

After my viewing of Christmas Story (and the writing of my crazy manifesto), we had some of the baked goods I made, plus about several hundred shots of Rompope and a new drink I enjoy called Rumchatta.  In other words, an overdose of sweet stuff... always good during the holidays (and to pack in the calories in a very short amount of time).  Though we watched Love Actually afterwards before the customary midnight feast, I probably passed out in some drunken stupor, as I awoke around 7am on my bed, fully-clothed, hungover, and with no recollection of anything.  Apparently I wasn't the only one either, so gift-giving had to be postponed for the morning (half the family, including myself, prefer opening presents at night).  XD

So anywho, after half a breakfast and some crazy jokes at my expense, it's present-opening time!!  As many of you can guess, bread, baked-good and bread-making accessories figured heavily in my repertoire of presents.  But I'm not 100% shallow, so fancy cheeses, salamis and tapenades were also included amongst my collection of tasty treats.  Candy and tea as well.  ^^



For the amateur builder in me, a pair of Feng Shui mushrooms to bring in positive energy into my room, or something like that.  It's a little known fact, but I actually LOVE mushrooms IRL, both to eat, to behold and as decorative elements.  It's one of the reasons I'm annoyed by the fact that mushroom blocks are impossible to get in vanilla Minecraft... when we transition to a Gulliver-Forge server, enabling mushrooms blocks are going to have to be priority #1 (before protection mods, lol).


And for the geek in me, a little nostalgia trip for a change... an actual NES toploader!!! :D

Used, of course, but in working condition and with an assortment of games (including my favorite Super Mario Bros 3!!), controllers and a light zapper to go with it!


Even though I grew up during the 16-bit era, I only really owned an old NES toploader for myself, and indulged in only a small collection of games (mainly Super Mario, Megaman and Kirby's Adventure).  It was probably for the best since I was a VERY slow student, and spent almost all of my free time very slllllooooowwwwwlllllyyyyyy doing homework, and anything more expensive than an old 8-bit system would have been wasted on me.  It was towards the twilight of the Playstation One era that I finally tried the Sega Genesis for a little while (Sonic!! <3 ), before making the leap-frog into the PC era with amazing building games like SimCity 2000 or ultra-detailed immersive games like the original Half Life (and before ultimately giving up gaming entirely due to college and after that my demanding full-time job).  I wouldn't own another console again until the Nintendo Wii, and even that I didn't buy it for myself, and don't really play it anymore unless it's with my younger cousins or nieces.  <3

But up until today, I still have fond memories of my old NES.  My original one was gifted to my cousins in Mexico a LONG time ago, and the urge to play it again has been slowly but surely brewing in me as I got older.  And today I have the chance to relive some fond memories, so believe me when i say that I'm very truly happy!!

If people ask why I was so keen to import Dravics and other maps onto our server, it's quite simple... memories are golden.  And although I'm too young of a Minecrafter to get a nostalgia trip from an old map, believe me I'm quite aware of that awesome feeling via other means. ^^

And that about ends my little holiday journal.  I hope all of you have also enjoyed your Christmas, and are in the company of fond friends and family!  See you later!  ^^

Thank you!


6 comments:

  1. Lol, you passed out? xD well that just shows your having a good time xP. Retro games are still awesome today =] I keep going back to Castlevania if I want a quick simple game to play when im bored, even though I was addicted to sonic games as a child too =P. Cant remember much though.

    If your still interested in retro games and want to play some games that you might be missing I recommend this site http://www.vizzed.com/playonlinegames/ where it has almost every single one you can think of on all different consoles. Its browser based too, and uses java to run most of the games without you having to download anything, but for n64 games and some others you need a plugin from the site to play those =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. ZOMG,thank you Shadow!!!!
    Finally i can play Super Metroid or Zelda: Link to the Past!!! [perhaps the only two games I really coveted on the SNES growing up] XD

    True, emulators also exist, but this seems a lot more legit. :3

    And yes, I seriously passed out. Guess me doing very stupid things helps keep me human in the eyes of the people that know me. XD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cia, you know how much i wanna eat those Christmas cookies, of coarse for a drink i would just stick to water but you know only my sister would know about a NES, the farthest i know is the SNES, and the oldest system i own is a game boy color, only used for super mario land 2, or whatever it is and pokemon yellow and crystal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol... I feel older now. XD

      But thank you for commenting, Audrey! I must hug thee!! ^v^

      *hug*

      Delete
    2. eh i'm guessing your about my sister's age (most likely younger) she's 27 or 26 i cant remember.... oh and i love mushrooms two (for eating, and some wild ones grow in the back yard, but there toxic)

      Delete
    3. aye, well maybe not that old, but getting there. ^^

      And yay! Mushroom sister-in-arms! *high fives* :D

      Delete