Saturday, December 28, 2013

Resignation

Hello everyone,

As some of you may know, Cory has decided to resign from his posititon as co-owner of the Big Sister Server, and wishes to pursue an opportunity elsewhere.  I feel saddened by this decision and he may be sorely missed, but it is his decision to make and we must respect if he wishes to pursue more activities in his real life.   [which I always encourage everyone to do]

I want to thank Cory for giving me the opportunity to offer the Big Sister Server to our community in its early days; I also owe him for serving as liaison between Gunia and myself when communication was virtually non-existent.  Although I wish we had parted as closer friends, I appreciate the few times we did talk and exchanged ideas. He was one of the first to support my ongoing efforts to bring peace and prosperity in our community, and he also was supportive of my technological innovations\ to bring some much-needed differentiation on Sister, and for that I am truly grateful.

Please join me in thanking Cory for his months of service rendered, and wish him all the best in his creative efforts going forward.  Thank you very much!

===============

As for ourselves, we now only have two co-owners on Big Sister now, and only a symbolic partnership to the Main Server, so the prospect of maintaining our team partnership in its current for may not be possible.  We may have no choice but to begin exploring options for self-governance, including the separation of our Big Sister server as an independent gulliver server all its own (still closely partnered with Gunia's, of course), as well as changes to the whitelist application processs and moderator selection.  It is appropriate this has happened so close to the New Year, as we can say that 2014 will be a period of both chaos and excitement, with the ever-hopeful prospect of a bright future.  Let's do our best, team!

Thank you.

1 comment:

  1. Aw, its sad to see Cory go, but getting on with real life jobs or education is always more important. Hes been doing moderator work for a damn long time though, and was good at the role so has earned the right to 'retire' xP. I wish him well, whatever hes doing now and hope it all goes well. See ya Cory, it was fun playing with you when we did (^_^)ノ

    ReplyDelete